10 Dec Liebster Award
I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award by a fellow blogger and Home by Grace reader, Marja from thisismarja. Thanks so much Marja! 🙂 I had never heard of this award before, but I learned it’s given to newbie bloggers (like me) to help promote them and meet other new bloggers. Seems like a great way for connecting to other bloggers!
The rules go like this. I need to answer 11 questions and write 11 random facts about myself and pass along 11 new questions to 5 new bloggers.
Here are my answers to Marja’s 11 questions:
1. What’s your favorite time of the year and why? My favorite time of year would have to be Summer time. Here in New England, we have a lot of beautiful beaches and I love them!
2. What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learnt so far in life? You can never have enough chocolate! Hehe
3. How do you see your life five years from now? It’s possible that I will have a second child, juggling a toddler and infant at the same time. Yikes! I’m still only getting the hang of just one.
4. If you have to choose one big reason for having a blog, what is it? It allows me to share my creativity and connect with other talented bloggers.
5. What’s your greatest accomplishment within the last year? I gave birth to my first child which was such a special time.
6. Where are you planning / dreaming to travel next? We will be going on our annual trip to Ogunquit, Maine. I guess that doesn’t seem like much of a dream trip but I absolutely love it there. I have so many fond memories there from when I was a kid. It’s my second home 🙂
7. What’s one of your happiest moments so far? Seeing my son smile and laugh with (or at) my husband and I.
8. If you had to describe your personality with three words, what would they be? Creative, fun loving and honest.
9. What’s your ultimate dream job? Owning my own ice cream shop! Well, maybe not but that’s what first came to mind. I may have to go get a few scoops now…or just the whole carton.
10. What’s your resolution for 2015? This may seem a bit cliché but I usually like to start eating healthier again this time of year because this way I don’t have to hold back on all the delicious holiday food between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
11. What characteristics you admire in other people? Outgoing, talkative, funny. I can sometimes come off as a quiet person when you first meet me so I sometimes wish I was a little more outgoing.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I’m a professional graphic and web designer and I love it but I also love interior design/decorating.
2. I have a beagle named Cooper that I treat like my fur baby.
3. I married my high school sweet heart/best friend.
4. I love sparkly things.
5. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
6. Elf is my favorite Christmas movie with Home Alone 1 & 2, A Christmas Story and A Christmas Carol all being tied for second.
7. I’m a very visual person.
8. Shipyard Pumpkinhead is my favorite beer. I stock up so that I can savor it throughout the year since it only comes out in the Fall.
9. Ice cream is my favorite dessert.
10. I played a lot of sports growing up including soccer, basketball, track, field hockey and softball. All of which I loved except softball because I’m impatient and am convinced it was too slow for me.
11. I also did Irish Step Dancing. You know, Riverdance? Yup, loved that too!
Here are my 11 Questions For You!
1. What’s your favorite movie/tv show and why?
2. What are your favorite blogs?
3. If you could go back to any decade in terms of fashion which would you choose?
4. How do you balance blogging, work and family?
5. What is your favorite brand of coffee/tea?
6. If you were a color, what would it be?
7. What one song did you dread hearing at a high school dance?
8. What is your favorite place to vacation?
9. Tell about one personal belonging that has sentimental value.
10. What’s your favorite animal and why?
11. What do you consider your biggest strength or talent?
Your job is to answer these questions in a blog post and spread the Liebe!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).